[Kmymoney-devel] Installation problem with the latest stable release

Marius Groenewald GroeneM at eskom.co.za
Tue Jan 31 22:22:40 UTC 2012

Hi there.

I am trying to install KMyMoney 4.6.1 using cmake, following the instructions in the README.cmake file. I don't understand what the following sentence means:

Go to the top level of the cvs working directory.

I don't see a cvs folder on my laptop.

I created the build folder directly under my kmymoney-4.6.1 folder, created when extracting the tar.bz2 file.

When I enter the following command:
cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr

I get the following results:
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindKDE4.cmake:98 (MESSAGE):
  ERROR: cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake not found in
  /home/marius/.kde/share/apps;/usr/share/kde4/apps
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:53 (FIND_PACKAGE)

What am I doing wrong?
Why is there not an user-friendly .deb installation package available?

Please help!

Regards
Marius