[Kmymoney-devel] Feature Request

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Jan 19 13:33:13 UTC 2012

Hi,

on Wednesday 18 January 2012 23:07:19 Ian Neal wrote:

> I definitely make use of the backup facility (setting the number of
> backups to >0), though it would be good to be able to specify an
> alternative location for it to store the backup files.

Thanks for the feedback so far. Looking at the above comment, I want to
stress, that there might be a bit of confusion what we are talking about here.

There is for one the automatic backup procedure to keep the last n versions of
the file in the same directory as in

thb.kmy
thb.kmy.1~
thb.kmy.2~

where the number of those files can be controlled via the settings dialog.
That is *not* what I am talking about. I am happy to have that feature.

The other feature - and that is what I want to get rid of - is what you can
access via 'File/Backup...'. It opens a dialog and allows to mount an external
device such as a floppy (or nowadays USB stick) and to physically copy the
current file to that device.

I think the mounting operation is what causes the trouble on MS Windows.

p.s. I intended to ask on the user list in a second round as well. Maybe even
on the forum but wanted to get the developers opinion first.

"Hey! I could use Tex!" and I've only gotten to use it a little
so far but it's so far superiour to MS Words "be everywhere do
everything"-ness it's not even funny... (lordSauron)