[Kmymoney-devel] OFX and UTF-8 problem

Benoit Grégoire benoitg at coeus.ca
Thu Feb 2 22:16:28 UTC 2012

On February 1, 2012 06:47:11 PM Martin Javorek wrote:
> Problematic "one transaction" file can be found as attachment in my original
> post https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kmymoney-devel/2012-January/007486.html

Ok, this was actually a libofx bug (All XML files were treated as CP1252).  The
bug is fixed in git.

Unfortunately, opensp has a bug with XML encoding detection, which may cause
serious problems if the encoding isn't UTF-8 or US-ASCII.  The spec specifies
that only those two should be used, so this should not cause any actual
regressions.

Unless libofx does it's own parsing of the xml header (which would be somewhat
ugly in plain C++), this won't be fixed for now.  But as tome point such files
are likely to surface, so I may end up implementing it anyway.

--
Benoit Grégoire, ing., PMP, PSM