[Kmymoney-devel] Split transaction

Andreas software at quantentunnel.de
Wed Dec 19 07:38:25 UTC 2012

> Thomas Baumgart a écrit :
> >>
> >> When using Split transaction, the amount taken in account is only that
> >> from the first line.
> >> Other lines from the split are not taken.
> >> for example :
> >> Transport 1 438,18 INR
> >> Hotel 15 258,60 INR
> >> Total amount is 16 696,78 INR
> >> But in the window in which we enter the currency rate to be converted in
> >> default currency €
> >> the amount is only 1 438,18 INR
> >
> > Since you enter the exchange rate for the first split, and the foreign
> > currency is the same for all splits, the exchange rate you enter for the
> > first is used for all others automatically.
> >
> > Does this explain the scenario or am I missing something?

Dear Thomas, all

The issue that Richard has mentioned above in 2006 persists in kmymoney 4.6.1
(on ubuntu 12.04). And while Thomas is correct that the exchange rate of the
first part of a split transaction is also used for the other parts of the split,
this leads toan inaccurate result (off by a few cents, possibly rounding error).
This could be avoided if the user can enter in the exchange rate dialog (just
prior to completing the transaction) the total converted amount.

Best

Andreas