[Kmymoney-devel] A bug in the current stable release - Language switch

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sun Apr 1 15:07:37 UTC 2012

Fri, 23 Mar 2012 00:32:25 +0200 було написано <lemur2009 at pochta.ru>:

>> What distribution, and is your KMM from the distribution's package or
> compiled from source?  Do any other KDE applications show the same
> problem, or are others OK and only KMM is wrong?
> My OS is Windows 7 32-bit.
>
> The only KDE application I use is KMyMoney.
>
> I installed  KMyMoney totally according to these instructions.
>
> And I chose language and spelling packages (British English, Russian,
> Ukrainian) from the menu.
>

> Also - are you sure that the Russian translations are included in the
>
> version you have?
>
> I have no idea. You tell me. Are they?
>
> After switching to Russian, the starting screen of the programme IS in
> Russian. But as I said before, the menus are not.

Dear lemur2009,

Below is the copy of my message to the list from 23-03-2012 (you might not
received it). Please subscribe to the list to obtain the answers.

Moreover, the current stable version is 4.6.2 (not 4.5.3). Please update
your version with KDE installer to avoid possible bugs.

Thanks in advance,
Yuri

There must be something wrong with your installation. KMyMoney 4.6.2
(Windows XP SP3 (En+Ru MUI, Ukrainian interface)):

http://ompldr.org/vZDQ4OQ/kmymoney_uk.jpg

Please make sure you have installed kde4-l10n-uk (or kde4-l10n-ru) package
(you can remove unneeded parts of it later).

Also Russian translation of KMyMoney 4.6.2 is incomplete (91%, previous
maintainer hates KDE 4).

Best regards,
Yuri

// Sorry for the late reply, I was too busy on work.