[Kmymoney-devel] MyMoneyFile::price(...) const

Software at quantentunnel.de Software at quantentunnel.de
Mon Oct 31 18:12:01 UTC 2011

Hi

To provide a first small piece of code (to add currency conversion to kMyMoneyCalculator) I started to look at the relevant source code, downlodade about a week ago.

I do not understand the function below from mymoneyfile.cpp

MyMoneyFile::price(const QString& fromId, const QString& toId, const QDate& date, const bool exactDate) const
{
  // search 'from-to' rate
  MyMoneyPrice rc = d->m_storage->price(fromId, to, date, exactDate);
  if (!rc.isValid()) {
    // not found, search 'to-fron' rate and use reciprocal value
    rc = d->m_storage->price(to, fromId, date, exactDate);
  }
  return rc;
}

The comment correctly states that the reciprocal value needs to be taken, if to-from instead of from-to is returned. But there is no "1/". What am I missing?

Thanks

Al_