[Kmymoney-devel] Newly created category not automatically selected when splitting transaction

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Oct 30 07:02:36 UTC 2011

Hi,

on Thursday 27 October 2011 17:32:46 Paul Menzel wrote:

> Dear KMyMoney folks,
>
> Am Donnerstag, den 27.10.2011, 08:56 +0200 schrieb Paul Menzel:

> > > That is what I see here.
> >
> > that is great to hear.
> >
> > > Which version of KMyMoney are you using? Mentioning every time helps
> > > us.
> >
> > I am using Debian Sid/unstable with KMyMoney 4.6.0-2-1. Please note that
> > this has already happened at least in kmymoney2 1.0.0-1.
> >
> > I will test later if this is only related to sub categories and I will
> > take a look at the commit history to try to see something related.
>
> in the attached test case I created a category »test:category:with
> spaces 2010«. Then I went to the ledger (Kassenbuch), hit new and then
> selected the splitting button. In there I double click on the top most
> left cell and enter »spaces«, select the proposal, hit the end key,
> delete »0« and enter 1 and hit the enter key or the tab key. I am asked
> that the category has to be created, I choose yes and then enter and
> being back instead of »test:category:with spaces 2011« I have
> »test:category:with spaces 2010«.
>
> Could somebody please try to reproduce this again. I am using Debian
> Sid/unstable with GNOME 2.32.x and KMyMoney 4.6.0.

I tried this using KMyMoney SVN trunk and what will soon become 4.6.1 and I
cannot duplicate the problem in either case. I sort of remember that we had a
problem in that area but that is fixed for quite some time now.

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men
trying to find easier ways to do something. -- Robert Heinlein