[Kmymoney-devel] Newly created category not automatically selected when splitting transaction

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 27 06:56:29 UTC 2011

Dear Thomas,

Am Donnerstag, den 27.10.2011, 07:01 +0200 schrieb Thomas Baumgart:

> on Thursday 27 October 2011 00:58:31 Paul Menzel wrote:

> > I am sorry for spamming the list.
> >
> > In the split transactions dialog entering a non-existing category (by
> > choosing the *existing* »cat-2010« and changing that to the
> > *non-existing* »cat-2011«) I am asked if this category should be
> > created. Agreeing a new window opens to create the category. Closing
> > this window and getting back to the split transactions dialog the newly
> >
> > I would expect that the newly category is chosen.
>
> That is what I see here.

that is great to hear.

> Which version of KMyMoney are you using? Mentioning every time helps us.

I am using Debian Sid/unstable with KMyMoney 4.6.0-2-1. Please note that
this has already happened at least in kmymoney2 1.0.0-1.

I will test later if this is only related to sub categories and I will
take a look at the commit history to try to see something related.

Thanks,

Paul