[Kmymoney-devel] Is the new CSV importer working correctly?

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 17:17:39 UTC 2011

On 30/11/11 16:58, David Houlden wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 November 2011 13:47:30 you wrote:
>>> Hi Dave
>>>
>>> <Big grin>
>>>
>>> I deliberately left the quotes because they were in the middle of that
>>> field and I thought you might attach some significance to them!
>>>
>>> It shouldn't be a problem to clear them, and all other quotes as
>>> previously. I'll send another patch later.
>>>
>>> Allan

>> Here's the second patch, to apply on top of the first one, not instead of.
>>
>> Allan
> That looks good to me. Thanks for the fast repsonse on this.
>
> While we are having this conversation, just a couple of questions about the
> importer.
>
> After selecting the Decimal Symbol at stage 6, why are the debit and credit
> columns highlighted with a coloured background?
>
> Also, why is the Finish button active at this stage? I have to click on Import
> CSV to complete the import and the Finish button seems to just do the same as
> Cancel at this stage so I wonder why it is even displayed?
>
> Dave.

Hi Dave

The green highlighting is to focus the user's selection, to allow
detection of possible erroneous selections, ie. wrong starting line or
inclusion of a trailer line, or wrong column, before the actual import.
  Red highlighting shows detected problems.  I think this is covered in
the manual, although that now needs another overhaul.

The Finish button saves the settings before quitting, whereas the Cancel
does not.  In fact, it shouldn't show until after the import, but a late
change has upset it.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone finds a use for the 'Make QIF File'
feature.  The whole project started as a CSV to QIF converter, but has
outgrown that, and I'd like to simplify things and drop it now, if I
don't get any protests.