[Kmymoney-devel] Building of tests fails

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Wed Nov 30 06:41:40 UTC 2011

Hi Allan & Fernando!

On Nov 30, 2011, at 4:34 AM, Fernando Vilas wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 30, 2011 00:25:32 Allan wrote:
>>
>> I ran all test successfully yesterday.

> I just pulled the latest git into a new directory, built and ran all tests
> successfully. We have seen some strange things on a Mac in the past, though.

I am not surprised. :-)
I recently ran also in issues with programs running fine on Linux with gcc 4.5 and when I tried to run them on MacOSX with apple-gcc 4.2 there was a different behavior. Suddenly some exceptions wouldn't be caught in the terminate handler anymore. It turned out that the latter compiler doesn't like empty throws (i.e. throw;) which would re-throw a just caught exception.

> And, I don't have access to one to chase down the problem.

Well, I have, so I'll try to have a look into it during the next days.

> The error looks like trying to use a null pointer in GMP.

Ah, ok, so, it could be that the bug can not get fixed by manipulating stuff in KMyMoney's code anyway!?

Well, ok, I'll try check it out.

Thanks for letting me know that it runs on Linux for you guys. (I hadn't done such a test on my Linux laptop or Linux Parallels VMs so far.)

Greets,
Marko