[Kmymoney-devel] Review Request: CSVPlugin wizard version

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 22:47:29 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 16 November 2011 22:39:25 you wrote:
> 1. If you go back from step 2 you can't select a file until you reselect the
> import type, although a valid type is already selected.
>
> That is deliberate, as, selecting the account type loads the appropriate
> part of the resource file, which, in turn, enables the 'Next'
> button.  Perhaps I should clear the combobox, although I have been
> intending later to use a hint in the combobox.

I can understand this technical description but from a usability POV it's not
valid to say 'a this is how it works, you need to reselect the type (although
it's already selected) just because I've implemented my programming stuff on
the selection action and it is mandatory' - you know what I mean - clearing
the combobox would just trigger a 'damn! where did my selection go!?'

> 2. If I try to import the test.csv file I'm sending by mail to you I'm
> getting an import failed error with the reason being an invalid date (I've
> selected 'd m y').
>
> I'll look into that.
>
> 3. If you go back from step 6 and the go forward again without changing
> anything the 'Import CSV' action is missing although a valid decimal
> separator is already selected.
>
> Yes, that's by design.  When the decimal symbol is selected, it triggers a
> validation of the selected entry values, and highlights success or problem
> selections.  Again, perhaps I need to clear the current combobox selection.

The same as the above, you could trigger that stuff also when entering the page
with a valid value in the respective fields.

Cristian Oneț