[Kmymoney-devel] Development workflow proposal

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 12:37:38 UTC 2011

On 16/11/11 12:23, Cristian Oneț wrote:
> 2011/11/16 Allan<agander93 at gmail.com>:
>>
>> I'm afraid I'm not yet clear on exactly what I need to do when it's OK to go
>> ahead and commit the new CSV plugin.
>>
>> I know what the url is (git at git.kde.org:kmymoney), but do I still need to
>> enter my ID as with svn?  If so, what would be the full command line?
>
> The authentication mechanism is the same as the one used in SVN.
>
> To merge your changes into master (only affects you local repository)
> $git checkout your_csv_dev_branch
> $git rebase master
> $git diff master
> make sure that the difference is the development done by you in this branch
> $git checkout master
> $git merge your_csv_dev_branch
>
> The command lines would be the following (assuming that you already
> merged the changes that you wanted to push in your local master).
>
> $git checkout master
> $git pull --rebase
> $git diff origin/master
> make sure that the difference is the commit you actually want to push
> $git push
> the last command will affect the shared repository
>
> Regards,
> Cristian
>
> P.S: I've applied you patch from the review request successfully but I
> didn't have time to test it running
> P.S2: I've written the above commands from my memory - replace
> 'your_csv_dev_branch; with the name of your branch
>
>> Sorry to be dim, but I don't want to mess things up.
>>
>> Allan

Sorry, but I didn't make myself clear.

With svn, there are two different commands for initial access -
svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/extragear/office/kmymoney and
svn+ssh://allananderson@svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/extragear/office/kmymoney

With Git, the first equivalent is -
git clone git://anongit.kde.org/kmymoney
but it's the ssh version I'm not clear on, and I don't want to guess.