[Kmymoney-devel] Problems transitioning MacPorts' port kmymoney4-devel to git...

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Mon Nov 14 22:20:51 UTC 2011

On Nov 14, 2011, at 11:00 PM, Cristian Oneț wrote:
>> git.branch          6f28b1c9fa3c0684d184d3bfc1d638de933a1f91
> Why don't you use 'master' here?

Because my strategy always was to only commit specific revisions/changesets to the kmymoney4-devel port, which I had tested beforehand.

If I would use master in this case I guess the installing user would always get the tip of the master branch.

Doing so would make reproducing the exact installation for user tickets pretty difficult.