[Kmymoney-devel] Development workflow proposal

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at kde.org
Sat Nov 12 12:04:28 UTC 2011

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 7:59 AM, Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de> wrote:

> **
>
> Hi,
>

> I just tried the workflow described with that one liner that added a call
> to a dtor.
>
> I forgot to add the -x to cherry-pick so you won't see a reference in the
> log message. Is there a way to preset the -x somehow/somewhere?
>

> - more comments inline below -
>

> Can we - at this point - delete the branch if we don't need it anymore to
> avoid cluttering the log?

Actually, your work branch is only yours. At that point you can delete it
or keep it for a while. It's up to you.

I use to keep a bugs branch, and then one branch per new feature. The bugs
branch is always alive and up-to-date, while the other branches come and go
as needed. BTW, none of those branches are pushed to the server, they are
strictly private.

> From my current experience (and that is mostly local stuff and few trials
on the KMyMoney git repo lately) the above sounds OK to me. Is this
workflow in line with the global KDE workflow (documented somewhere on
techbase I believe)?

There is no one workflow. Each group implements its own.
I have seen some others, where for example, each branch merge is left on
the log for later record, but that tends to clutter the log much more.

Regards,
Alvaro