[Kmymoney-devel] Development workflow proposal

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at kde.org
Sat Nov 12 11:57:59 UTC 2011

Hello,

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 7:22 AM, Cristian Oneț <onet.cristian at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Friday 11 November 2011 21:27:25 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> > In cases where a commit has to be applied to several branches, it can be
> > merged to one branch, and cherry-picked from the others.
>
> Does this mean that the commits in the stable branch must be cherry-picked?

If they were relevant to stable, yes. But this is much simpler than before,
where backporting implied applying a patch, or copy-pasting the code.

> Also:
> $ git branch -r
>  origin/4.5
>  origin/4.6
>  origin/HEAD -> origin/master
>  origin/master
>
> Do we really still need origin/4.5? It seems like clutter since we don't
> use
> it anymore.

Well, there's history there that may not be in  other branches, as some
commits might only live in the stable branches. I'd say we keep those
branches.

Regards,
Alvaro