[Kmymoney-devel] New matching mismatch (OFX import)

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 11 00:14:34 UTC 2011

Hello,

I don't recall seeing this particular mismatch before.  I just imported
an OFX file for my checking account.  It included the transaction:

<STMTTRN>
<TRNTYPE>CREDIT
<DTPOSTED>20111027120000
<TRNAMT>600.00
<FITID>10272011600.00Transfer  INTERNE
<NAME>Transfer  INTERNET TRANSFER
</STMTTRN>

It matched to the right payee, based on an explicit match rule.
However, it made the "Transfer from" "Chase MC" which is one of my
credit card accounts.  The transfer was really made from my savings
account.  I wonder if the match is based on the fact that I have
transactions of the form

<STMTTRN>
<TRNTYPE>DEBIT
<DTPOSTED>20111031120000
<TRNAMT>-1400.00
<FITID>10312011-1400.00(CHASE) CARDMEM
<NAME>(CHASE) CARDMEMBER SERVICES POB
</STMTTRN>

which represent on-line payments, and which use the same payee, but
transfer to account "Chase MC."  (The payee for both of these is one I
use for all on-line transfers between accounts, where I don't really
want to enter a payee.)

I'm not really sure what it's using to get the correct "to" account
(previous transactions, or the <NAME> field) but it's even less clear
to me why it's making the credit come from that same account.

Is there anything I can do to stop this mismatching, or do I just have
to manually correct it every time?

Thanks for any info.