[Kmymoney-devel] Re: [Kmymoney2-developer] Support for KmyMoney

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Thu May 26 01:16:10 CEST 2011

On Wed, 25 May 2011 12:42:54 -0500
James Duke <duke.james.c at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have been checking several apps and moneydance has the user create the
> accounts ONLY on the "first" import and then import the transaction.
> Might work here also.  I am using 4.5.4 for windows - testing before
> moving to Ubuntu.  Do I need to create the accounts before importing?

It depends very much on your file content.  As you probably know, the
QIF standard is not, in fact, a 'standard', so all I can suggest is,
attempt the import without any accounts created, and let KMM do its
best.

I've just tested with an old, 134Kb file, and investment, security and
checking accounts were all created during the import, plus
transactions.  You may need to do some editing of account types,
checking to savings sort of thing, and you may find you have accounts
you don't need.  If you create accounts beforehand, they may be
additional duplication.  As I suggested, if you can, start small.  If
you hit anything serious, we'll try to help.

> I just want to say thanks - great piece of work and I think once I get
> everything setup it will be perfect for all my needs!!

Thanks for that.

Allan