[Kmymoney-devel] Re: Fw: [Kmymoney] Re: QIF IMPORT PROBLEMS

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Sat May 21 11:59:04 CEST 2011

On Sat, 21 May 2011 09:03:18 +0200
timothy <timboyle at afrihost.co.za> wrote:

> Thanks, I will be upgrading when I change to Natty. I will then be
> able to assess the speed factor and the added usefulness of the csv
> plugin etc. However I could give it a go and see if it compiles and
> runs on KDE3.
>
> Regards

Hi Timothy

No, don't bother to do that, as the plugin requires KDE4/Qt4.  I was
about to look back through the thread as I thought I'd seen you mention
you used KDE4, but that you were on KMM1.x, but intending to switch.

When I asked you earlier about your expertise/enthusiasm, what I had in
mind was for you to install KMM4, initially from your distro
to get the dependancies, then, preferably, switch to that  from
Claydoh's PPA.  Then, I could supply the plugin as a tarball for you to
install separately.  A little bit convoluted.  The other possibility
would be, after sorting out dependancies, perhaps you could compile
from svn and get the most up-to-date, speed enhanced, plugin-ed
version?  The instructions for this are available, somewhere or other.

In case of plan A, are you on a 32 or 64 bit distro?

Allan