[Kmymoney-devel] Fw: [Kmymoney] Re: Kmymoney and Unity problem

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 17:56:03 CEST 2011

Begin forwarded message:
Apologies.  Wqas posted direct instead of to list.

Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 16:34:41 +0100
From: aga <agander93 at gmail.com>
To: Felipe Castillo <fcastillousfq at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Kmymoney] Re: Kmymoney and Unity problem

On Mon, 16 May 2011 14:32:35 -0400
Felipe Castillo <fcastillousfq at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've done it before and it does help, the problem is that as soon as I
> restart KMM the problems comes back.
>
> Regarding ALT+F3, that Cristian suggested, doesn't work at all. I've
> never heard that ALT+F3 could switch between full screen mode and
> windowed, and where's this advance window menu? I can only see the
> regular menu and when I select unmaximize, nothing happens. Maybe this
> options work under KDE, but I'm running Unity.
>
> On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 18:21 +0100, aga wrote:
> > On Mon, 16 May 2011 12:57:37 -0400
> > Felipe Castillo <fcastillousfq at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Sorry for the late reply, I was moving houses during the weekend.
> > > Anyway, my resolution is 1280x800, I'm using an nVidia GeForce Go
> > > 7400 with the nVidia drivers (no the current ones since they
> > > don't work with Unity)
> > > When I just installed KMM from claydoh PPA, it didn't have any
> > > problems at all, was working fine, but now, I'll attach a
> > > screenshot so maybe somebody has an idea of what's going on.
> > > The screenshot is not of just the window, it's my whole desktop
> > > when KMM is running, as you can see, I can't see any panel on top
> > > or on the side (set to never hide) and the only way to access the
> > > menu is by pressing ALT+F (or any other shortcut letter).
> > > I can't resize it no matter what I do, anybody any ideas? Keep in
> > > mind that it was working perfectly for a couple of days until out
> > > of nowhere it failed.

I came across this via google.
"Stop Unity maximising windows when opened
How do I stop Unity from maximising newly opened windows?

I am running 11.04 on a desktop.

From a bit of googling I am given to understand that by default this
window maximisation occurs if the window size was greater than 75% of
the screen area when last closed.

I've looked through ccsm and "System Settings" but can't find anything
allowing me to alter (disable) this behaviour."

There wasn't a reply, but might you have earlier enlarged  the window
somewhat , enough to trigger this effect?  If you reduce your KMM size,
then close, then reopen, does that help?