[Kmymoney-devel] doc update questions (what's new and budgets)

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 29 22:54:15 CEST 2011

Hello all,

After many false starts and long delays, I am actually working on
updating the docs for 4.6.

First, I would greatly appreciate it if someone would make a quick
first pass at what items to list in the "What's New" section.

Next, someone on the kde-doc-english list said he was translating the
manual (didn't say what language) but was having problems with the
budget section.  In fact, it does appear that there have been changes
in the budgets interface that are not reflected in the manual.
- if you have not created any budgets, the default budget list is
empty.  The default empty budget called "Budget <year>" is not created
until you actually create a new budget.
- the manual says there are five buttons above the list of budgets, but
the UI only shows three.   It appears revert and save buttons have been
removed.   IT appears that you are prompted to save when the budget in
the budget list loses focus by switching to another budget or another
area of the program.  I assume reverting is done by switching without
saving and then switching back.

Would someone please confirm these assumptions?

Thanks.