[Kmymoney-devel] compile problem with kdchart component

Jack Ostroff ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jun 26 01:42:57 CEST 2011

Hello all,

I'm away from home, so I'm working in a Kubuntu install under VirtualBox,
running under Windows Vista.  I'm trying to get KMyMoney compiled here so I can
do some work on the docs.  With the latest SVN (revision 1238357) I get errors
in libkdchart/src/CMakeFiles/kmm_kdchart.dir/KDChartDatasetSelector.cpp.  The
first few lines are:

libkdchart/src/KDChartDatasetSelector.cpp: In constructor
‘KDChart::DatasetSelectorWidget::DatasetSelectorWidget(QWidget*)’:

libkdchart/src/KDChartDatasetSelector.cpp:35: error: invalid use of incomplete
type ‘struct Ui::DatasetSelector’
libkdchart/src/KDChartDatasetSelector.h:37: error: forward declaration of
‘struct Ui::DatasetSelector’
libkdchart/src/KDChartDatasetSelector.cpp:41: error: invalid use of incomplete
type ‘struct Ui::DatasetSelector’
libkdchart/src/KDChartDatasetSelector.h:37: error: forward declaration of
‘struct Ui::DatasetSelector’
libkdchart/src/KDChartDatasetSelector.cpp: In member function ‘void
KDChart::DatasetSelectorWidget::resetDisplayValues()’:
/home/jack/KMM/svn/libkdchart/src/KDChartDatasetSelector.cpp:106: error: invalid
use of incomplete type ‘struct Ui::DatasetSelector’

Is this a real problem, or is it just something wrong with my environment?  I've
got libofx-0.9.4 and libalkimia-4.3.0 installed from source.  In case it
matters, I have cmake 2.8,3 and gcc 4.4.5.  I'll be glad to file a  bug, but
don't want to bother if I'm just missing something obvious (or which should be
obvious).

Thanks for any pointers.