[Kmymoney-devel] Re: OFX Error: 405 HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Jun 21 22:06:25 CEST 2011

Hi,

on Tuesday 21 June 2011 21:42:13 Eric Bonney wrote:

> Ok so after downloading the latest source for Libofx and installing that I
> was able to make KMyMoney with ofx enabled and was able to see the latest
> Quicken strings finally. Thanks for the help guys! So now I am back to
> stage one again unfortunately because I am still getting the 405 HTTP verb
> error message.
>
> Is there anything that I can turn on that would give me more output so that
> I could be better armed when I call my bank?

The next step is to turn on logging of the requests and responses. That can be
done in the following way:

  touch ~/ofxlog.txt

which will create that file. From now on, KMyMoney will log the traffic of
requests and responses to the file. ATTENTION: it contains your access
credentials in plain text!!! Before you send them to me via private mail
please remove this information (replace it with XXX or so). I would also
suggest to use my GPG key for encryption.

The error message suggests, that the HTTP verb is not allowed. AFAIK, OFX uses
Http POST requests. Maybe, you can get some more information about this from
your bank.

"Hey! I could use Tex!" and I've only gotten to use it a little
so far but it's so far superiour to MS Words "be everywhere do
everything"-ness it's not even funny... (lordSauron)