[Kmymoney-devel] Re: release 4.6 - documentation

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 18:45:00 CEST 2011

On Wed, 25 May 2011 10:32:20 -0400
"Jack Ostroff \(CT D8 TC\)" <ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 2011.05.22 19:41, aga wrote:
> > I think you said you were going to send me back the csv import
> > section,
> > but I don't think I ever got it.  It needs some further revision,
> > too.

<snip>

Jack

As I normally have the SVN version, I don't have a doc section to diff
against, and have edited the version in the tarball, so I'm attaching
the revised version of the section you sent to me.

I've made some minor changes to the QIF Import section.  One, in
particular was to do with importing investments.  I think the
section had been commented out, and I've reinstated it and expanded
it.  Where the documentation said that it was necessary to add the
investment and security accounts prior to importing QIF investments,
and which I'd always believed to be true, after looking at the code and
doing some testing, I found that it is not necessary to do that,
provided that the QIF file has suitable "!Type:Security" sections.

I don't know the situation here so far as OFX investment imports, and
have no means to test.  Can anyone say, please?

I noticed that in the Table of Contents, the heading for QIF Exporter
was sitting right on top of the next heading,  OFX Importer
Plugin.   I've 'corrected' this by adding an empty SEction 2 to
the QIF Exporter part.  I don't know if that is the correct fix?

The OFX Importer section mentions preferably having libOFX 0.9, and
that libOFX0.8.2 is supported.  I'm not sure if this is still correct?

I've now added the CSV Importer Plugin section.  As this is my first
foray in the documentation area, could someone have a quick look,
please?  When I can, I'll try to add some screen shots, but I think it
best if the text at least is available for the release.