[Kmymoney-devel] Re: KMyMoney

Thomas Baumgart thb at kmymoney.org
Sun Jun 19 09:59:32 CEST 2011

Hi,

on Sunday 19 June 2011 09:39:35 Andreas Christ wrote:

> Hi
>
> File attached as suggested.
>
> The error is reproducible with the anonymized file when starting in the
> ledger with account A000025.

Thank you very much. I was not able to reproduce the problem with current SVN
trunk, which is identical to 4.5.96, the second beta of the upcoming 4.6
release.  See http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KMyMoney#Release_schedule for
details of the release schedule.

> Am Sonntag, den 19.06.2011, 07:15 +0200 schrieb Thomas Baumgart:
> > Hi,
> >
> > on Saturday 18 June 2011 22:19:36 Andreas Christ wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > When I follow your steps (irrespective of language of UI KMyMoney is
> > > started with, English or German), the error does not occur. But the
> > > error is reproducible if I follow my original steps, i.e., start from
> > > the ledger. KMyMoney was closed between my original mail, but Ubuntu
> > > not re-booted.
> >
> > That should not be, and in this case, I doubt that a fix has been
> > applied. At least I cannot remember anything in that area. Can you
> > please follow the instructions on
> >
> > http://kmymoney.org/kde4/online-manual/details.formats.anonymous.html
> >
> > and send us/me the resulting anonymous file. Please tell us which account
> > we need to use to reproduce the problem (name now starts with A0...). In
> > case the file is large (> 50K) please use gzip to compress it before
> > sending it. Many thanks in advance.
> >
> > > If it is already fixed in the newest version, the better (it is not big
> > > enough an issue for me to manually install a newer version than that of
> > > the Ubuntu repository)
> >
> > With you help in providing an anonymous file that shows the problem on
> > your end I want to verify that this is really the case and that we don't
> > see a different problem here.

There are two rules for success in life:
Rule 1: Don't tell people everything you know.