[Kmymoney-devel] Re: Final step in build KMyMoney4.6.0

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Tue Jun 14 21:17:37 CEST 2011

On Friday, June 10, 2011 11:49:22 PM Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on Friday 10 June 2011 23:45:04 upscope wrote:
> > Just completed the make step in compiling 4.60. Using:
> >   kmymoney-4.5.95.tar.bz2 (4.6_beta1)
> >
> >   libofx-0.9.4-11.2.x86_64
> >   libofx4-0.9.4-11.2.x86_64
> >   libofx-devel-0.9.4-11.2.x86_64
> >
> > and
> >
> >   libalkimia-20110508-1.x86_64
> >
> > Am I correct that I need to deinstall my current version of
> > KMyMoney first?
> >
> >   kmymoney-4.5.3-18.7.x86_64
> >   kmymoney-debuginfo-4.5.3-18.7.x86_64
>
> It certainly does not hurt to de-install it to be on the safe side.
>
> > I want to build an RPM. Can I use make install or something else to
> > make the RPM.
>
> I am not an RPM spec file writer expert, but you might have to think
> about installing in a build-root environment. It's too long ago that
> I built an RPM.
>
> It would be cool to have a libalkimia RPM as well and a dependancy on
> it.
>
> > I have backed up both the MYSQL Database and the .kmy files.
>
> That's always a good idea ;)
>
> > Thanks for all your support in the past on this problem.
>
> Thanks for yours.
Well I finally got everything compiled and installed but I had to use
make install. trying to use checkinstall to build RPM gave me an error
about some previous error but did not see any in the process.

With the new KMyMoney-4.5.95, KDE 4.6.3, QT4.7.3, libofx-0.9.4 and
libalkimia-20110508-1.x86_64 everything I tested so far works. Still
need more testing. Also not on startup the DB login popup only shows
MySQL with everything greyed out except the password. entering password
and database open fine. But the SQLite option does not show. On the file
menu open database but database types show.

But I am happy, I don't need to get to file menu to open the datbase
anymore.

I will do some testing soon.

Thanks again for your help.