[Kmymoney-devel] Re: Final step in build KMyMoney4.6.0

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Jun 11 08:49:22 CEST 2011

Hi,

on Friday 10 June 2011 23:45:04 upscope wrote:

> Just completed the make step in compiling 4.60. Using:
>
>   kmymoney-4.5.95.tar.bz2 (4.6_beta1)
>
>   libofx-0.9.4-11.2.x86_64
>   libofx4-0.9.4-11.2.x86_64
>   libofx-devel-0.9.4-11.2.x86_64
>
> and
>   libalkimia-20110508-1.x86_64
>
> Am I correct that I need to deinstall my current version of KMyMoney
> first?
>   kmymoney-4.5.3-18.7.x86_64
>   kmymoney-debuginfo-4.5.3-18.7.x86_64

It certainly does not hurt to de-install it to be on the safe side.

> I want to build an RPM. Can I use make install or something else to make
> the RPM.

I am not an RPM spec file writer expert, but you might have to think about
installing in a build-root environment. It's too long ago that I built an RPM.

It would be cool to have a libalkimia RPM as well and a dependancy on it.

> I have backed up both the MYSQL Database and the .kmy files.

That's always a good idea ;)

> Thanks for all your support in the past on this problem.

Thanks for yours.

Cheaper is more expensive -- thb