[Kmymoney-devel] First beta of KMyMoney 4.6

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at kde.org
Tue Jun 7 19:18:58 CEST 2011

Hello all,

It's been almost 9 months since the last stable version is out on the
street. During that time, lots of bugs were uncovered, and lots were
fixed. So much so, that the team has decided it's time to get on the
treadmill toward another stable release.
KMyMoney 4.5.95 is now available for download. It is KMyMoney 4.6 Beta
1, only suitable for advanced users willing to help us stabilize and
iron out the upcoming stable version.
Your help is important. Please download it, use it, and help us find
issues to make a great release. Keep in mind that this version will
still bark your dog away. Make extensive backups before using it.
Our plan is to have a stable version ready in August. You can find the
schedule here.[1]

Some of the highlights since the latest stable version are:

    New CSV import plugin
    Many fixes for the OS X and Windows platform
    Performance improvements (although we know there's still work to
do in this regard)
    Many fixes in the import and online banking modules
    Over 100 bugs have been fixed since the latest bugfix release alone

For a full list of the changes please check out the ChangeLog.[2]

You can get the tarball here. [3]

The KMyMoney development team

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KMyMoney#Release_schedule
[2] http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/ChangeLog-4.5.95.txt