[Kmymoney-devel] Re: release 4.6 - documentation

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 09:09:13 CEST 2011

2011/7/16 aga <agander93 at gmail.com>:
> Jack and I have been liaising on the documentation for the CSV plugin,
> and he encountered some difficulty when attempting to import the sample
> files in contrib.
>
> These, we have overcome, but he has suggested augmenting the investment
> sample file, in order to give a better idea of the workings.  I've now
> produced a new file.
>
> Two points:
> Firstly, is it OK for me to go ahead and commit this now,
> so as to have it available for the release?  I'm wondering about a
> possible need for translation of transaction entries.

It's OK since the files under contrib do not get translated. Only the
strings that appear in the user interface are frozen.

> Secondly, a readme as a commentary would be very useful to accompany
> it, explaining how to import this particular file, which I've made to
> illustrate coping with unrecognised investment types.  My first thought
> was for this to go into contrib as well, or would the handbook be
> better, or both?  Again, the question of translation arises.  If it
> goes into the handbook, there might just be time?

Feel free to add any readme files since those are not under the
incidence of the string freeze. The docs will be frozen on 22.07.2011
so there is time to note the process there if needed.

Regards,
Cristian