[Kmymoney-devel] Re: schedule to release 4.6 - documentation

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 4 17:17:58 CEST 2011

On 2011.07.04 01:59, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> on Monday 04 July 2011 00:09:50 Jack wrote:
> > On 2011.05.29 16:18, Cristian Oneț wrote:
>>> Should the feature list, that is displayed in the whats new page,
>>> be updated before releasing the first beta or is it enough if we do
>>> it for the final release? It would be nice to collectively build
>>> that list.

>> This is still needed, although it looks like it will only be for
>> final and only for the RC if that is still not released yet.  It
>> took me much longer than I expected to actually start updating the
>> docs, so I'm far behind where I wanted to be.  (Aside from my "real
>> life" there have been some updates to the docbook infrastructure.
>> If nothing else, the most recent version of the KHelpCenter does not
>> show the "prev" and "next" links at the bottom of each page.  This
>> has been fixed in svn, but I'm not sure when the fix will get out
>> into the real world.
> The documentation is pulled automatically from SVN trunk during the
> creation of a tarball.
I understand that.  I was pointing out there is a bug in the
KHelpCenter app which has nothing specific to do with KMM.  If you call
up the KMM handbook and don't see the "prev" and "next" links at the
bottom of each page, you need to downgrade KHelpCenter or wait for an
update - but it is not a problem in the KMM docs.

>> In the manual, already done is the Budgets chapter (it was still
>> describing an older version of the UI) and I'm working with Alan on
>> the import chapter.
> Cool.

>> There is someone working on translating the manual into French, so
>> that can be included in the "whatsnew" information, both for that
>> page, and the announcement.
> Will it be ready for the next release? Maybe you get some
> confirmation beforehand.
I think so - but I will definitely confirm before mentioning.  He
hasn't checked anything in yet (I just created a complete tarball) but
he  seems pretty enthusiastic.  I'm not sure if he is following this
list yet.