[Kmymoney-devel] Accounts, categories, and budgets

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 1 19:21:56 CEST 2011

Good afternoon all,

I was contacted by someone who is working on translating the manual
into French, and he brought up some questions on the Budget chapter.  I
have already committed an update so that the descriptions match the
current GUI, but I still have one open question.  The upper right pane
in the UI is labelled "Accounts List."  As far as I can tell, this will
only have Categories.  I know internally, categories are treated as
accounts, but they are not interchangeable in the UI.  Would it make
sense to relabel this as "Category List" and then change all references
in the chapter from "Account" to "Category" to hopefully decrease any
confusion?  In addition, the column "Total Balance" in the account list
will always be 0 for categories, so is there any reason to keep it in
the display?

Thanks for any feedback.