[Kmymoney-devel] Re: Investment Problem?

allan agander93 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 13:54:47 CET 2011

On 25/01/11 07:03, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> Hi,
<big snip>

>> As a secondary issue, all the svn builds I've made show Version
>> 4.5.90-svn1213267,rather than the expected version,
>> although that may indicate I have a build system problem.  If so, I
>> don't know what I'm now doing incorrectly.
>
> The number after svn is only updated if you run 'cmake' after an svn update.
> Sometimes, running cmake is triggered because of a change in the build system.
> On regular file content changes the cmake run is *not* triggered so the number
> stays the same - even though it changed in SVN.

(Back on Thunderbird after KMail crashes every time I try to reply to
this email!)

Erm.....I don't know what this indicates, but...

Yesterday, I created a new sandbox and tried that, but it failed still,
so I reverted.  Now, yet again I've cleared build in the old and am
rebuilding.

Meanwhile, back to yesterday's new sandbox, and I ran KMM from the build
folder instead of installing, and all appears well, including the svn
rev!!!!  I've never tried doing this before, but it is the first glimmer
of progress.

Back on my first sandbox, the build has finished.  Did fulll cmake, etc
and still running the installed version fails.  Running from the build
folder works fine.

I also noticed "'kwelcomepage.cpp' and 'main.cpp' " being built.

 > So I suspect something strange is going on at your site which you
need to
figure out.

I think that is a slight understatement!  First, I'll go and lie down in
a dark room