[Kmymoney-devel] Re: Investment Problem?

allan agander93 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 03:15:10 CET 2011

On 25/01/11 00:25, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> This may be related to the performance improvement fixes.
> I guess you have everything up-to-date on you SVN, correct?
>
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 8:03 PM, allan<agander93 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 24/01/11 21:56, Jack Ostroff (D8 TC) wrote:
>>> (sorry for the top post - new response back at the bottom)  Good idea!

>>> Definitely odd.  However, as balances (from my understanding) are
>>> calculated as the register is displayed (effectively - given caching
>>> for performance) might there be something funny with the display
>>> order.  Try changing the sort order of the register display in various
>>> ways to see if anything makes any more sense in a different order.
>>> Also - you could try changing the dates of the three transactions so
>>> they come in different orders.  Don't know if it will help, but it
>>> might provide some additional hint.
>> There is something very sick here!
>>
>> I've created a new sandbox and when I opened the test file, it had the
>> saved three items now displaying correctly.  Good, I thought, then added
>> a new item, and things went wrong again.  I saved the file, reopened it
>> and they were in correct order again.  Repeat, wrong -save/reload and
>> OK. Then I deleted the four items, but the foot of the ledger value
>> still shows £1530, although home shows zero amount.  So home view is
>> correct, but ledger isn't.  I delete all entries, save and reload and
>> ledger still shows 1530.
>>
>> Now, slowly...
>>
>> QTY            RESULT->           QTY            Balance             Value £
>>                                                                                               1530
>>
>> +10                                           10               1530
>>              1530
>>
>> +20 10               1510                  1510
>> 20               1530                  1530
>>
>> +30 10 14801530
>>                                                   30               1530
>>                   1530
>>
>> Home view shows the expected balance of £60.
>>
>> Save, close, reload, and all is as it should be with ledger balance
>> correct at £60, until I touch it again.
>> Then buy another  40, and 40 gets deducted from the balance on each line
>> except the last, and the ledger balance doesn't get changed at all.
>> Save, close, reload, and all is as it should be with ledger balance
>> correct at £100.....etc., etc.
>>
>> So, the problem is with the display and updating of the balance column,
>> but only ledger view, with Home OK.
>>
>> Is there any chance you could do a quick experiment, with just a couple
>> of items?
>>
>> Allan

I've since downloaded and installed an openSuse rpm and that works OK.  Now, I've cleared the build
folder, reloaded from svn and that still shows the problem.

If I clear all entries from the investment folder, the previous investment value still shows in ledger view,
whereas home view shows the expected value.If I now add one transaction, say qty 10, the balance shows 300, which
was the last balance before the original items were deleted.  If I now add qty 20, the current balance stays at 300, but that of the
top entry has had the 20 deducted.

As a secondary issue, all the svn builds I've made show Version
4.5.90-svn1213267,rather than the expected version,
although that may indicate I have a build system problem.  If so, I
don't know what I'm now doing incorrectly.