[Kmymoney-devel] Survey about AqBanking version to be used

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Jan 6 11:09:54 CET 2011

Hi,

first of all, sorry for the cross-post but I like to receive as many of you as
possible.

This is a survey solely for people using KMyMoney in connection with AqBanking
either to do online banking via HBCI or OFX or import CSV files or whatever is
possible in this combination. If all that doesn't make sense to you, you can
safely ignore this message and I am sorry for the noise.

For all others, here are some details and a question:

currently, the KMyMoney stable branch is based on AqBanking <= 4.2.4 and
KMyMoney trunk as well as KMyMoney 4.6 and above (no release date yet folks)
needs AqBanking >= 5.0.0.  Since the interface between those two versions of
AqBanking changed a lot, we cannot provide one version of KMyMoney to fit both
versions of AqBanking at the same time.

My question now is: does it make sense to lift KMyMoney's stable branch to use
AqBanking 5 as well? This is mostly a question of which version of AqBanking
is provided by your distro and that is why I am asking. Those who build from
source are probably not affected at all.

A short statement including the name and version of your distro if you would
like to see AqB4 or AqB5 with the current KMyMoney 4.5 stable branch until
January 14th is very much appreciated.

What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized.
What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher.
What we can't understand we call nonsense.
What we can't read we call gibberish. - Chuck Palahniuk