[Kmymoney-devel] Re: Support for AqBanking 5 in KMyMoney 4.5 branch missing

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Jan 3 18:55:59 CET 2011

Hi,

on Sunday 02 January 2011 Micha Lenk wrote:

> Hi KMyMoney developers,
>
> first of all I wish you a happy new year 2011.

Same to you.

> Second, I have to praise KMyMoney 4.5.x. I just tried it and think that
> you all have done a great job to build a smoothly working personal
> finance tracker!

Thanks a lot.

> Unfortunately the recent releases don't support AqBanking 5, but only
> AqBanking 4. As far as I have found out this is because the needed
> changes have not been backported to the 4.5 branch yet. Up to my
> knowledge the following changesets need a backport for the 4.5 branch:
>
> - Make sure AqBanking is built in the required configuration
>   (almost completely overwritten by rev. 1196968, so only needed for
>   clean patch applying of rev. 1196968)
>   http://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=1170104
>
> - Support AqBanking5 and drop support for AqBanking4
>   http://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=1196968
>
> - Remove old and meanwhile include statement
>   http://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=1197883
>
> I applied these changesets to the 4.5.2 tarball, successfully built the
> binaries, and tried some online banking actions with the resulting
> KMyMoney installation. Apparently all is working well: I was able to
> download transactions into KMyMoney using HBCI without any problems.
>
> Are there any plans to backport the mentioned changesets to the
> 4.5 branch?

Yes, maybe once we (i.e. Martin Preuss and I) figure out the cause of the
problems I have with certain banks. So far, I don't want to break it.

I have sent detailed information to the aqbanking ml in a mail dated Wed, 15
Dec 2010 21:16:24 +0100 but got no answer (yet). I know that Martin is
currently switching appartments and thus it could take a while for him to look
into this problem. Unless someone else can do it. I can't.

'Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.'
 -Popular Mechanics, 1949