[Kmymoney-devel] Support for AqBanking 5 in KMyMoney 4.5 branch missing

Micha Lenk micha at lenk.info
Sun Jan 2 23:02:58 CET 2011

Hi KMyMoney developers,

first of all I wish you a happy new year 2011.

Second, I have to praise KMyMoney 4.5.x. I just tried it and think that
you all have done a great job to build a smoothly working personal
finance tracker!

Unfortunately the recent releases don't support AqBanking 5, but only
AqBanking 4. As far as I have found out this is because the needed
changes have not been backported to the 4.5 branch yet. Up to my
knowledge the following changesets need a backport for the 4.5 branch:

- Make sure AqBanking is built in the required configuration
  (almost completely overwritten by rev. 1196968, so only needed for
  clean patch applying of rev. 1196968)
  http://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=1170104

- Support AqBanking5 and drop support for AqBanking4
  http://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=1196968

- Remove old and meanwhile include statement
  http://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=1197883

I applied these changesets to the 4.5.2 tarball, successfully built the
binaries, and tried some online banking actions with the resulting
KMyMoney installation. Apparently all is working well: I was able to
download transactions into KMyMoney using HBCI without any problems.

Are there any plans to backport the mentioned changesets to the
4.5 branch?

Best regards,
  Micha