[Kmymoney-devel] Re: CSV Plugin 64-bit problem

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 13:42:19 CET 2011

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 09:27:48 -0300
Alvaro Soliverez <asoliverez at kde.org> wrote:

> Hello Allan,
> At the most basic level, yes. You would have the opposite problem. The
> binaries you create for a 64-bit distro cannot run in a 32-one, and
> viceversa.
>
> You could, however, in a 64-bit distro, have a 32-bit chroot, and the
> packages built there  should run ok.
>
> Then you have build systems, which can compile packages for several
> platforms, but those are much more complicated to setup.
>
> Regards,
> Alvaro

Thanks Alvaro

It's doubtful that that complication is worthwhile for what should be a
temporary problem, but what do you see as the likely timescale for the
plugin getting into stable, bearing in mind it should only affect
anyone who enables it? There seems to be increasing interest in CSV
import.

Allan