[Kmymoney-devel] Build Problem

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Dec 30 11:45:08 UTC 2011

Hi,

on Friday 30 December 2011 11:50:19 Allan wrote:

> Thank you, my friends, and compliments of the season.
>
> On 30/12/11 07:59, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > on Friday 30 December 2011 04:47:55 Jack wrote:

> >> I'm also on 2.8.6 (both Gentoo and Arch) and I see the same line, and
> >> have not had any compile issues.  First thing to check is to be sure
> >> whether the error is generated by make or by cmake itself (I suspect
> >> the latter).  You could try "ccmake ." while in the build directory,
> >> then hitting "c" for configure, then "g" for generate to see if either
> >> of those gives the error.
> >>
> >> Could there be something funny about the value of BRANCH before that
> >> line?
> >
> > That seems to be the case. What is the output of the following command:
> >    git log -1 | head -n 1
>
> Well, once I had installed git (ahem, well it was very very late by this
> time!), I got a good response from the above, and, lo and behold, make
> made better progress.
>
> I hadn't expected to be using git at that stage, just doing a build,
> but, there you go.

Well, you checked out the repository before (CMake checks for a .git
directory), so git must have been there before.

> > I see
> >
> >    commit 40f784b58a13c198a2568d0e8f756b4d4e652591
> >
> > right now.
> >
> >> If it's empty, that could cause cmake to see only three
> >> arguments, although I don't see how it could happen.
> >
> > Well, if the response to the above command is empty.
>
> Now, to alkimia/.

Which has a similar procedure ... well, it should but still contains
references to svn. I'll put that on my todo list.

'Only wimps use backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)' - Linus Torvalds