[Kmymoney-devel] Review Request: Patch which highlights the online statement balance if different from current file balance

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 7 20:18:11 UTC 2011

On 2011.12.07 14:48, Marko Käning wrote:
> > On Dec. 3, 2011, 8:46 a.m., Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> > > Ship It!
> >
> > Marko Käning wrote:
> >     I'll check whether git is working today and try to commit the
> patch. :-)
> >
> >     Thanks again, Thomas, for all your help!
> >
> > Marko Käning wrote:
> >     identity.kde.org doesn't allow me to add ssh keys, so I guess
> you'll have to commit this patch, Thomas.
>
> ACTUALLY, THIS IS NOT YET COMPLETE!!!
>
> I've seen a case now which leads to a red highlighting although the
> balances are fine. That was due to the fact that obviously future
> transactions aren't considered properly.
>
> I guess we need to improve the balance check for cases like this!

I think you need to be very careful here.  An on-line balance is as of
a certain date.  It should be checked against the KMM balance on the
same date.  I don't think any future transactions should be included.
However, if you obtain the on-line balance during the day, so that it
does not include all transactions for that date, then you have to match
it against the KMM balance after the appropriate transaction, and that
may not be possible, depending on the sort order of the transactions in
KMM.  Even if I have some of these details wrong, I can see that this
might be tricky.