[Kmymoney-devel] [Kmymoney] Investment accounts

Konstantin Svist fry.kun at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 03:52:40 UTC 2011

On 08/27/2011 02:44 AM, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> So in case you know why KMM is so slow, please let us know. The code
> certainly came a long way and we know that it needs adjustments in one
> or the other area - the ledger code being the most prominent. But we
> should discuss internals on the developer list kmymoney-devel at kde.org.
> So please feel free to subscribe there. Every now and then we also
> discuss things on the #kmymoney channel at freenode. Hope to hear
> again from you.

Yes, I was looking at the ledger code. From what I've noticed (I could
be wrong though..), it looks like all the editing form widgets are
created on the spot or moved around, instead of being unhidden as
necessary. Right after double-clicking an entry to edit, there's a
noticeable spike in CPU usage (especially if you double-click/press
Escape a few times to edit/cancel). On my machine, I can even see some
widgets disappearing/reappearing (looks like a screen wipe effect)

Hope this helps. I'll try to look at the code some more when I have some
time. Maybe after brushing up on C++ - haven't used it in a few years :)