[Kmymoney-devel] Move to git?

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 19:50:05 UTC 2011

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 16:27:46 -0300
Alvaro Soliverez <asoliverez at kde.org> wrote:

> Hello,
> By now there are many projects that have moved to git, and the
> procedures should be fairly standard. As we are at the beginning of a
> new cycle, I think it's a good time to move to git.
>
> I don't know how many of you have experience with git, but I can tell
> from experience that it's way better than SVN, even if a little hard
> to understand at first.
>
> So, what do you think? Should we contact the sysadmins and get the
> ball rolling to move to git?
>
> Regards,
> Alvaro

Some hints on organisation, for Dummies, would help, perhaps?

At the moment, with svn, I have two, or more(!), working directories,
anon for local development, with two separate  projects running, without
the hassle of ssh, or the risk of contaminating trunk, and then use ssh
when committing.  I'm sure there is an easier way, but have been too
busy/timid to research.