[Kmymoney-devel] Android: Update payee causes loss of transactions

Tue Aug 23 15:31:44 UTC 2011

So I am wondering if anyone might have a clue as to why when I update a
payee all the transactions seem to be deleted from the database? I
looked at the schema of the database and it does not appear that there
are any Triggers created in the database and my understanding of SQLite
is that it does not do any kind of foreign key enforcement is this correct?

I have spent the last couple of days pouring over my code and I am not
touching the kmmSplits table at all during the Creation, Reading or
Updating of a payee. Now I do touch that table when I am deleting a
payee, but only to query it and see if there are and transactions
assigned to that payee, if so then I have the user select a new payee,
same as the desktop and then reassign all those splits. That seems to be
working just fine, but for some reason when I edit any of the data in a
payee and commit those changes to the table I lose the transactions.

I know nobody is looking or working on my code, but this was more of a
theory question and if anyone had any idea of what "might" be causing this.

Thanks,
-Eric