[Kmymoney-devel] FindLibalkimia.cmake

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Aug 5 17:27:05 UTC 2011

Hi Michael Wolfe,

on Friday 05 August 2011 15:58:54 you wrote:

> Thanks!  Build seems to be working now.
>
> BTW, newbie linux-type question: I am safe in deleting the source and
> build directories for libalkimia 4.3.0 now, right?  I'm assuming that
> the "sudo make && sudo make install" command copies the built binaries
> to a system directory and the system doesn't expect to find the source
> directory anywhere, correct?

Yes. In general, I suggest to run a 'sudo make uninstall' prior to deleting
the sources. This will make sure, that files that are installed by the old
version but removed in the new one will be removed. Otherwise, you still have
some orphans which could cause all kinds of grief some time later on. It's a
good practice for all software built from sources.

Fortunately not the case when upgrading from libalimia 4.3.0 to 4.3.1. All
files are still there :)

As soon as there is an optimist who discovers a light that does not exist
there is a pessimist who blows it out. (Giovanni Guareschi)