[Kmymoney-devel] Re: Feature Request: "id" attributes for divs in Home view

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 16:31:30 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Lance Fetters <gaizin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm currently modifying a user-local copy of the kmymoney.css file in
> order to customize the "Home" view; my hope is to create a two-column
> layout so that I can view a large amount of information without having
> to scroll.
>
> However, the different div elements genereated for the different
> sections in the Home view, such as "Payments" and "Forecast", do not
> appear to have "id" tags. In other words, it is currently not possible
> to write CSS that specifically targets only one section (and thus is not
> possible to individually position sections).
>
> While I could modify and recompile a version for myself, I was hoping
> that the team might consider adding id tags for the sections (most
> likely by adding a new div that wraps the shadow div) in an upcoming
> release. It appears that this could be done in the following file:
>

> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/office/kmymoney/kmymoney/views/khomeview.cpp?view=markup
>
> ... by modifying, for example, the showAccounts() method.
>
> I apologize for not providing a patch, but I currently do not have a
> compilation environment setup (and do not have the space to create one).

Hi,

I see no harm in adding ids to the divs. Do we really need one to wrap
the divs with class shadow or would it be enough to add one id to each
div that is currently of class shadow?
If we do this then would it be possible for you to share the special
css file with other user who might find it useful?

Regards,
Cristian