[Kmymoney-devel] Investment Query. Should this be?

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 12:59:27 CEST 2011

Having imported a number of investment account statements, on one of
them I got a strange result.

The quantity was correct but the price and amount were not.  Instead,
the price was four letters followed by 1.0000 and the value was the
same four letters followed by 0.00.  The input file format was correct.

I twigged that the letters were the symbol.

I realised that what I had done was to import into the equity account
instead of into the holding investment.  I had recently discovered the
'show equity accounts' setting and had enabled it to see if it was
useful.  To me, it appears not, so I have disabled the setting again,
but wonder should such an import be allowed?  What would be the purpose?