[Kmymoney-devel] OFX Questions

Michael Garrison Stuber garrisonstuber at garriber.org
Sat Apr 16 03:31:28 CEST 2011

Greetings!
      I'm running into three issues with the OFX import in KMyMoney.
I'm hoping for some help.

#1 -- One of my accounts is a brokerage account.  The import does a
surprisingly good job at adding new securities, and managing buys and
sells.  (Thanks!)  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be able to match
dividend transactions.  As a result, if I do a "update all" it inserts
duplicate dividend payments that I have to go delete.

#2 -- Apparently I didn't get one of my passwords saved.  As a result,
when I do an "update all" I am prompted for a password.  Unfortunately
the dialog doesn't indicate which account or institution it needs the
account for.  (Note:  This is NOT the KDE Wallet prompt, this is
specifically a KMM prompt).  I can work around this, but it the dialog
needs the account or institution to be useful.

#3 -- Please see the attached screen capture.  When importing
transactions I have KMM set up to ask me for a default payee category.
Apparently this works for the OFX import too, but the import doesn't
show me any data, so I don't know which payee the dialog refers to.  As
a result, I get asked for a default category (which is good), but I
can't actually set it, as I have no idea which payee it is referring to.

Michael T. Garrison Stuber