[Kmymoney-devel] Re: [Kmymoney2-developer] Feature request

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 12:14:11 CEST 2011

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 1:07 PM, o.koltsov at t-online.de
<o.koltsov at t-online.de> wrote:
> Hello Cristian,
>

> Thank you for answering me.
>
> Yes I use investment account for securities only. But I will try to adopt it
> for precious metals today.
>

> Nevertheless I think it is more a workaround rather than native support. For
> example, I like how an account in a foreign currency shows you amount in
> both foreign currency and local one. The same way it could be metal type and
> grams and in addition translation to local currency with online exchange
> rate support.

The investment account has the same features. You can update prices
from an online source, see the value in the base currency and see the
amount (quantity) of the security you hold. So for example you have
100g of gold then the investment account balance would be 100g, the
value 100g*price of 1g in the base currency (obtained from an online
source). I'm pretty sure that the is no plan to add specific support
for precious metals when they can be accounted for as investments in
the application.

Regards,
Cristian

P.S: I'm posting it to the new developer list also (since I've
received an automatic warning that the old one is not going to be used
anymore)