[Kmymoney-devel] csvimport plugin test is translation dependent

allan aganderson at ukonline.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 23:47:39 CEST 2010

On 16/09/10 18:45, Cristian Oneţ wrote:
> 2010/9/16 Alvaro Soliverez <asoliverez at kde.org>:
>> Comment out the short month test for now.
>>
>> Anyway, the test is inherently translation dependent, but it is
>> supposed to work ok. That is, until someone screwed up when
>> translating to Romanian. :/
>
> I've done that but if it can't be rewritten in a translation
> independent manner I would prefer to remove it.

As I see it, a test on the validity of an alpha month has to reflect the
current locale, so has to involve translation.  It would seem that the
test was valid, but the translation was not, if I understand correctly.
 Presumably in real use, a valid short date month would be rejected, or
perhaps just the one I chose at random?

I contemplated leaving the test just commented out, for possible future
inclusion once the translation is fixed, but the same could happen
again.  It was meant to be a test of convdate() rather than translation,
so I'll remove it totally.

Out of interest, what happens with the later test
QLatin1String("13-rubbishmonth-2000")?

Allan