[Kmymoney-devel] OSX problem (was General plugin issues (minor))

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 15 14:23:29 CEST 2010

On 2010.09.15 06:11, allan wrote:
> (As an aside, Jack, I noticed recently that you were still having OFX
> problems and had resorted to manual input.  Your sample csv file
> imports successfully with the plugin.)
Allan,

Unfortunately, the problem is not actually with the import itself, and
I'm quite sure importing as csv would give me exactly the same
results.  The underlying problem is that Merrill Lynch has a single
account but KMM separates investments from brokerage (cash) so I get
different issues depending on which account I import into (either
on-line or manually downloaded OFX file).  I can import the file, but
there is still a huge amount of cleanup.  The other issue is that for a
single dividend reinvestment, ML provides three transactions: a
dividend, a purchase, and a reinvestment.

I'm open to suggestions, but for now, I don't believe the format of the
OFX is the problem.