[Kmymoney-devel] Wishlist: Capital gain/loss using FIFO basis

Toan nguyenthetoan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 03:48:27 CEST 2010

Hi

I submitted a feature request for this but I guess I could post here
if this can lead somewhere :))
I know KMM doesn't support stock capital gain/lost calculation due to
the complexity of specifying
which lots to sell. My brokerage website always uses first-in
first-out basis to calculate capital
gain/loss, and I think it's acceptable. (Of course, you'd have to be
careful when you file taxes,
but for regular purposes, FIFO is sufficient to give you a good overview).

So if any developer could add this feature, it'd be great. Better than
nothing. It can serve as a building
step for more sofisticated calculation later :)

Cheers
Toan