[Kmymoney-devel] Strange behavior with price editing

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 3 14:36:50 CEST 2010

On 2010.09.02 22:38, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> I tried the SVN version and it works fine.
> Do you get the confirmation dialog before deleting the price?
>
> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 9:05 PM, Jack <ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> I'm trying to delete a few unnecessary securities.  They were
>> introduced by some testing of ofx imports.  In one case, it looks
>> like the only thing blocking deletion is some price values.  If I go
>> to the price editor, I see two entries for the same symbol, but one
>> with a name and one without.  I am assuming the one without it the
>> one I want to delete.  If I select it, and hit delete, both of them
>> disappear.  If I close and reopen the price editor, they are both
>> still there.  I get similar strange behavior if I select to show all
>> stored prices - too many seem to disappear (mainly all shown if I
>> have done a search for the symbol) but they all come back if I close
>> and reopen the price editor.
> >
> > This is both with 4.5 and current svn.

Ahh - there IS a problem, but it is not what I thought.

To be really careful, I tried again, taking notes:
- open KMM and display prices.  In the list I see two entries for
symbol NECZX, one with and one without a stock name.
- select the one without name, click delete, get "Do you really want to
delete the selected price entry?", click yes.  Here, I thought the list
did not change, but it does.  It now displays an older price for NECZX
without the name, so it apparently DID delete the price.

- type NECZX into the search bar, only those two  prices are
displayed.  (I assume these are the most recent price for each
security).  Repeat the above select delete and confirm, the list is now
empty.  This is the problem.  Resizing the dialog has no effect.
However, if I
change the content of the search box, the list refreshes, and I again
see two entries for NECZX, one for each security (one with name, one
wihtout).

Also (good news) once I actually deleted ALL the prices for the NECZX
without the name, I was able to delete that entry from the complete
list of securities on the investment view.

So - it seems to be a problem refreshing the prices dialog after
deleting a price, not a problem with the deletion itself, but only if
there is something typed in the search box.